Friday, September 17, 2010

Music

I want to listen to music and put my iPod to use. I haven't seriously listened to music since I met hip hop and spoken word. Back then I used to constantly learn and be inspired from hip hop. Common, A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def and many others like Immortal Technique and Lauryn Hill. Then came some revolutionary Spoken Word like Talaam Acey and Heru. Finally the reggae of Peter Tosh, Bob Marley, and Steel Pulse. I never SERIOUSLY listened to music intensely except during the period when I kicked it with Hip-Hop heads in high school. That was my GOLDEN AGE of dopeness. Ha, I experienced a lot of dopeness spiritually, mentally and physically. A real awakening. 

Now I want to explore music. I want to check out some Independent stuff in different genres. Of course I want to continue listening to more Jazz, older Jazz. And of course I want to listen to Roots Reggae more. Which I inherently have a bond to. However, I'm learning about netlabels which are labels that primarily release their music in mp3 audio format online. Netlabels have some quality independent music if you're willing to listen. I think I'll get up on the independent music field and expand my horizons. So far I've found these two sites I can explore:

http://freealbums.blogsome.com/


http://www.error-broadcast.com/